zondag 28 mei 2017

Come sit on my porch.

Welcome to my blog. 
Today I like to share my latest Mixed Media Project with you. 

I saw the amazing moodboard of Canvas Corp Brands, Words & Paintery and of Mixed Media & Art. They all have too things in common and that is the colors and the rusty look. So I had to give it a try and see what I will become. And this is my mixed media project, hope you like it. 



So let me tell you what I did and used to make this Mixed Media project.

I started out with wooden house with I covered with gesso. I added while drying on my Baking non stick fiberglass mat the different colors of Tim Holtz new distress Oxide with I mixed with water, before I added the colormix on my wooden house, the cardboard tree and the leaves. When it dryed it looked like I used Chalkboard, so I decided to add some of my hairspray on it, with the final result a glossy effect of the distress Oxide. In the mean time I found this sweet vintage picture of those three laughing boys on a porch. And the text come sit on my porch which right fit in.
On my big shot I made this beautiful brick wall with thinlits of Tim Holtz out of yellow paper. The brick wall and all the embellishments I covered up with Viva rusty, Oxyd and with copper rust. I also mixed some small 3D balls with some pieces of distress crayon and the viva rusty. Love the outcome of it.
I cut a door out of the new collection of  7Gypsies "Painted Doors". Now everything is dry I can start to add all together on my wooden house and build it up. Love how everything fits so good together.

 Things I used:

  • Painted Doors of 7Gypsies
  • Moddelingpaste
  • Gesso
  • Viva Rusty
  • Viva Rusty Patina "Oxyd"
  • Viva Rusty Patina "Copper Rust"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxide (- Broken China - Fired Brick - Peeled Paint - Vintage Photo )
  • Tim Holtz Distress Crayon - Tumbled glass
  • Tim Holtz Thinlits - Brick wall
  • Finnabair "Mechanicals mini Brads"
  • Finnabair "Mechanicals mini Hardware"
  • Powertex 3D balls - small
  • Metal Gears
  • Metal Arrows
  • MDF house
  • Cardboard tree
  • Paper leaves
  • Leathery paper 













Thank you for stopping by!

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Simply delightful! Love all the fun details. Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow! This looks amazing! I love the wonderful details you added and the way you included the door panel! Thanks so much for joining in this month's Canvas Corp Brand challenge! We look forward to seeing you again! Hugs, DT Karla

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Stunning work!Thanks for joining in CCB challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful!I love the rust effect you accomplished ...Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media & Art challenge!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Sweet sis, sorry I didn't get round to telling you how much I love your rusty shack, before now. Because I do. I love the colors and textures. If only I were smaller, I'd love to live there and hang out with those naughty boys.
    Thank you for joining the CCB challenge, we hope to see more of your work in the future.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Love your project! All this rust is so beautiful :)
    Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Beautiful creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media & Art!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. wow Lovely project thanks for playing with Mixed media and Art. I love the details!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Beautiful art! I love the colors of the rust, really beautiful, thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. WOW!!!! Beautiful art! Love rust and idea!
    Thank you for playing as at MM&A and W&P!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Mounting photos on the house is a fabulous idea. Thank you for playing along with Words and Paintery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen