donderdag 16 maart 2017

March - Spring time!

Hello crafty friends.

Today I like to share my spring time inspired layout. If I think of the spring than I think of bright colors like yellow and grass green, but also of weathered wood of the windows, etc. So I used this inspiration for my layout and out of this old photo with a weathered old side table with a rusty old birdcage on it. I am happy with how it turned out and hoping I am getting you inspired to be creative.

 I got inspired by this March mood board of Berry71Blue.


And also by this gorgeous moodboard of Canvas Corps Brand.


So let me show you what I came up with. And of course I will tell you how I build this one up.


You know the feeling; Having so much and just can't find the right stuff to work with? That was the problem I had to deal with this time.

So first I started out to look for a suitable lovely photo to put at my paper and then build around the photo with layers of yellow paper. Puzzle with the pieces of paper. But before I can glue them on my layout I had to do something with the background. So I found this gorgeous stencil of TCW with different sizes of blocks on it. Took al little bowl and started to mix some moddeling paste with the 13@rts 3D magic powder and some yellow paint. To give it some structure I added some Sable sand and small 3D balls to it.
After it was dry I added with some gorgeous clear stamps from Kaiserkraft and from Scrapberry's here and there some stamps, just a little and not to much.
On the sides and corners of the pieces of paper and my layout I added some different colors of brown ink to give my layout a 3D effect. Also aged my pieces of paper, photo and layout. Than I glued the pieces of paper on my layout. Some of them have some small pieces of cardboard behind it, so you can build in layers.
After everything was in place I started to add some embellishments to it. Some small buttons with butterflies on it, some laser cut paper on each side of the photo, wooden tags and of course some flowers/leaves to finish it up. But the small pieces of twisted wire made the difference to it and it looked more finished.

So I hope that I could inspire you all to start with something similar. Wishing you all a creative day.


Products I used:
  • Aleene's Tacky Glue
  • Van Bleiswijck modelling past
  • Van Bleiswijck yellow paint
  • 13@ts Ayeeda Magic Powder 3D
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wild Honey
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice stone
  • Brilliance Ink - Chocolate
  • Clear stamps Kaisercraft - Distress
  • Clear stamps ScrapBerry's "Around the world"- Traces
  • TWC 12 x 12 Template - Block in different sizes
  • Powertex - Sable zand (from Sandra Koekoek)
  • Powertex - 3D Balls Small (from Sandra Koekoek)
  • Different pieces of yellow paper of my own stash
  • Green flowers
  • Leaves
  • Green wire
  • Wooden tags
  • Laser cut deco paper
  • Butterfly Buttons
My layout and some close-ups of it!
 









12 opmerkingen:

  1. Great layout Laneen! Thank you for joining Canvas Corp Brands this month!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great project! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Canvas corp Brands.

    Linda Israel, Crew Member
    http://lindaisrael.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So sweet and lovely! Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands! xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I always admire your work! stunning layout <3 <3 Thank you for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at Canvas Corp Brand.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Crew Member

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great Layout!. Thanks for Playing along with the Canvas Corp Brands Challenge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Beautiful layout! Love the yellow on it!
    Thank you for joining our March Challenge at Canvas Corp Brands.
    xx Evelyn

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Gorgeous project! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Canvas corp Brands

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Beautiful piece of Art. Thanks for linking up over at Canvas Corp Brands Challenge.
    ♥ Monica
    Taylormadecards4u - My Personal Blog!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. wonderful LO. Thanks for joining us at CCB!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen