zaterdag 5 november 2016

Blue mystery mask!

Hello Everyone,

This month I had a challenge of my own, because I had a fashionable right pink plaster arm after a fall. So I had to work with a handicap this time.

But enough about my arm, lets talk about my mask. I saw this gorgeous challenge at CCB with a mask and the color palet off Words & Paintery. So there was born a combination of these challenges. This is what I came up with.



  

Started out with a white mask, I divided it into two parts. On the right side I used some grey structure paint en on the left side I used some white gesso. While it was drying, I made out of some tissue paper and glue, some paper-maché and made an extra swirl mask on top of it. I also used this technique for the upper part on the left side. To give it a extra texture I also painted them with some structure paint. Looks like i used sand into it. Love the outcome. After it dried I sprayed to colors blue at them and also on a piece (circle) of cardboard. So it looks a little like jeans. On the cardboard I first added some matte gel on and 3D small balls. Around the corners I added some silver colored pearls. Love to play as well with my watercolors and a straw. This time a short explanation, because my hand starts to hurt again. Hope you like what you see!

Material that I used;
  • White mask
  • Finnabair Heavy Gesso White
  • Finnabair Soft Matte Gel
  • Home Deco Structure Paint Grey
  • Tissue Paper
  • Wallpaper paste/glue
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist "Imperial Blue"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain "Mermaid Lagoon"
  • Powertex 3D Small Balls
  • Swirls
  • Glitter
  • Watercolor in Blue and Grey
  • Silver Beads










11 opmerkingen:

  1. perfectly done, I love the fine details. Glad to see the hand is on the mend

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you @Heather Thompson. Really loved to make this mask! Gorgeous theme of CCB

      Verwijderen
  2. Beautiful mask. I love the blue and white together. Great job@

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Linda Israel, did try make something beautiful of it.

      Verwijderen
  3. Gorgeous mask. I love it.Thank you for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This is such a great project! And well done with the arm and all... Thanks for joining us at Words & Paintery this month. We hope to see you back for our November Challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Very beautiful..... would love to wear this :) Sending you wishes foe your arm to get better soon and for you to make more such pretty art and share with all of us. Thanks for joining us at Words & Paintery. Hope you enjoy the latest challenge and join for that too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. So beautiful project, Laneen! Thank you so much for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Can't believe I haven't commented yet... Love the mask, especially the paper mache part. I'm in awe.
    Thank you for playing along with the Words & Paintery challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen