zaterdag 24 september 2016

Time flies by!

Some people may have seen it on my FB page already, but I started as a design team member for "Charlotje Verkoopt" this month. This is the first layout that I made with some materials and & embellishments from "Charlotje Verkoopt".

https://www.facebook.com/CharlotjeVerkoopt
Here's what I made. I will explain what I did and what I used!



I found this gorgeous picture of our son hiding amidst old vacation photos! Now, let's make something beautiful and boyish out of it. 


Normally I would start out by searching for the right piece of paper for the layout, but this time I started out with the different sizes of wooden gears I got from "Charlotje Verkoopt" and put some different colors of Prima Finnabair 'rust paste' as well as Viva Decor 'Rusty Paper' on them. Mixed the different colors and love the outcome of it.


While the rust paste on the gears dried I started looking for a nice piece of paper that wouls fit to the picture and the rusty gears. Found this gorgeous piece of paper from 'craft sensations' and some other smaller paper in moss-green and honey-brown. I cut them in small pieces to fit right underneath the picture. Love to work with layers.


Love the layers with the small pieces of paper, but the layout looked boring to me. Had to add something to it, Prima Finnabair texture paste 'graphite' would be great. So I found this gorgeous stencil of clocks from TCW to put on my layout. Underneath the layers and gears you can now see the graphite clocks. After it dried I put the layers of paper on my layout and added the gears to it.



Still missing something underneath the picture and on top of the different layers of paper. So I found this small piece of corrugated cardboard, but it still looked boring. So I made it a little more beautiful and shiny with some products from Tim Holtz. First I started out with a layer of distress crackle paint en mixed it with some distress paint & distress spray stain. Love how it all melted together. 


Materials I used from "Charlotje Verkoopt" are;

- Small wooden gears
- Different sizes of wooden gears
- Tim Holtz Crackle Paint "Tarnished Brass" 

Other paper and materials I used;

- 'Timeless Memories' paper from 'Craft sensations' 
- Viva Decor "Rusty paper"
- Rust effect paste set by Prima;
  * "gold rust"
  * "red rust"
  * "brown rust"
- Texture paste "Graphite" from Finnabair 
- Clock stencil of TCW
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint "Antiqued bronze"
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain "Vintage Photo"











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten