zaterdag 24 september 2016

Happy Birthday.

It was time to do something different. I didn't make a layout with a nice picture, but instead I made this Medium-Density Fibreboard flag with "happy birthday" on it. Hope you enjoy my experience with color as well. 


 started out by coloring the Medium-Density Fibreboard flag, the word Happy and little resin roses white with gesso. Over the dry layer of gesso I put a stencil from Dutch Doobadoo and used white crackle texture paste. Before the texture paste dried I added the 4 different colors of Tim Holtz distress spray stain. Love the way how they mixed together. I also colored the resin roses with green and blue, the word "Happy" with blue and pink en "Birthday" with green and yellow. It's already a party to the eye with all those rainbow colors.

On the other side of the Medium-Density Fibreboard flag I cut a piece of paper slightly bigger than the flag en put some soft Aquablue paper on the other side of it. For the finishing touch I used purple brilliance ink on the edges.

But a flag needs to be hung, and for that I needed some rope. I love this black & white. 


Materials I used from "Charlotje Verkoopt" are;

- Wooden Medium-Density Fibreboard flag
- Resin flowers 
- Resin roses 
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain;
   * Picked Raspberry 
   * Seedless Preserves 
   * Twisted Citron
   * Mermaid Lagoon 
- Black/white small rope  

You can find these gorgeous things at; https://www.facebook.com/CharlotjeVerkoopt

Other paper and materials I used;

- 'Timeless Memories' paper from 'Craft sensations' for the Backside of this flag
- Aquablue soft paper 
- Heavy gesso white of Finnabair 
- Texture paste white crackle of Finnabair 
- Stencil of Dutch Doobadoo 
- Brilliance ink "Pearlescent Purple"











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen