zondag 31 juli 2016

Holiday memories......

saw the challenge from Words & Paintery, so I thought let's give it a try! These are the colors of the moodboard of Words & Paintery.

Let's see what they think of my interpretation of the challenge this time.



How did I start this layout:
I found this piece of gorgeous paper in my own stash and it fitted right in the color scheme. After I found the paper to work with, I went through my ribbon stash, got some small pieces out of it and glued them on the paper with tacky glue. 
I also used some plaster tape near the ribbon, which I also used as a background to the picture. After I glued it on the paper I put white gesso al over it before I worked with chalk colors. After that I blended the colors together with a little water. 
Once it had dried I distressed the page, including the ribbon and the edges of the paper. On the edges I put some coffee bean ink from Brilliance. I also used this brilliance ink on the chipboard from Scrapiniec. On the small pieces of chipboard from Dutch Doobadoo I added some Topaz ink from ColorBox. Then I started to add my stuff on the layout, for example underneath the picture of my daughter; I put some corrugated cardboard. I finished with the sand and art stones of Finnabair. 

Paper and embellishments I used;
- Paper from my own stash
- White gesso
- Chalk colors "brown & old pink"
- Chipboards from Scrapiniec 
- Chipboards from Dutch Doobadoo 
- ColorBox ink "Topaz"
- Brilliance ink "Coffee Bean"
- Mini Art stones by Prima marketing Finnabair 
- Doily 
- Wood holiday sign 
- Straw
- Tag
- ribbons






10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful layout with beautiful details! Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Such a beautiful page. Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So beautiful Work!! Thanks for playing along to Words&Paintery challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wonderful page! I like the texture and details!
    Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Really love it Laneen. Great textures and layers, excellent interpretation and wonderful picture.
    Thank you for playing along with 'Words & Paintery!'

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Really love it Laneen. Great textures and layers, excellent interpretation and wonderful picture.
    Thank you for playing along with 'Words & Paintery!'

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen