donderdag 19 mei 2016

Light will guide your way in life!


I'm entering the May Challenge and the design team call as well at Words & Paintery with this layout "Light will guide your way in life".



I found this cute photo of my nephew's small feet in his tummy tub and it fits perfectly in this color scheme of Words & Paintery. 

I just made a minor adjustment to the text. Instead of " Light will guide my way home" I used the text " Light will guide your way in life", because that fits better with the photograph. 

Paper and embellishments I used are;
- Prima Marketing floral branch "Flutter Vines Cerise with butterflies"
- Rieve-Creatief soft board frame small
- White heavy gesso Finnabair 
- Black Memento ink "Tuxedo Black" 
- Blue Memento ink "Bahama Blue"
- Tattered Angels glimmermist "Jazz Blue", "Key Lime Pie" and "Cosmos"


Embellishments from my own stash;
- paper with small hearts 
- Wooden frame (around the picture)
- Doilies 
- Brown flower branch with soft pink flowers
- Green ink from "Beautiful Color"
- Some flowers 
- Mini pink beads
- Blue paper 

First I started out with the picture and framed it. I made the frame blue with ink and a little gesso to light it up a bit. I used my Prima Stencil "Diamonds" and mixed, before I put it on the layout, the white gesso with the pink beads. Then I sprayed my green glimmer mist on it. After that I puzzled around what I thought looked best together. Then I started to layer it. The doilies I made green with ink and cut a blue piece of paper which I put under the green doilies. I also used the two other colors of glimmermist on the small piece of pink paper where I already had stamped the title of the layout on. As a final touch I put the flowers on it.
















4 opmerkingen:

  1. Sweet layout. From up close the diamond pattern and pink beads resemble "beschuit met muisjes" LOL. But a fun idea.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dear Mandy, thank you so kind for your sweet comment.

      Verwijderen
  2. Hi. This is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery this month!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen